Another week at IMO. My first visit to SDC sub committee. Sitting on the ISO bench, in between Insurers (IUMI) and ICS. Big issues – ESP Code, Stability, mooring, WIGs, Industrial Personnel. Mainly good progress. WIGs finished – Robin has a long history with these craft and quite simply, call me a flat earther, but i am not convinced they have the level of technical input and safety that commercial aircraft have – and what else are they? Full brief report here; https://www.marprof.net/copy-of-ship-recycling
- ISO 30 000 for ship recycling facilities: Good or bad?
- The recycling of Rainbow Warrior II – no winners here
- Ship Recycling in Gadani – back to business or back to problems?
- Talcum powder, asbestos, and 4.7 billion dollars
- The Asbestos Omertà: If you break the vow but no one listens have you really broken it?