Products & ServicesMarprof Environmental Ltd.
Marprof Environmental provides services to help you identify, strategise, and manage the wide range of ship recycling challenges your business faces. Whether these challenges relate to IHM compilation and certification, ongoing maintenance of Inventories, ship recycling legislation and what it means to you, or selecting and monitoring a suitable ship recycling facility, Marprof Environmental keeps its finger on the pulse of new developments – to help you plan and implement those aspects that impact your business.
Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM)
Marprof Environmental offer a range of services to help you understand what the IHM means for you and your ships, delivered by people involved in writing the regulations. Not only do we offer IHM compilation services in full accordance with IMO and EU requirements, we also provide:
- Advice and training for shipbuilders, superintendents / fleet managers / ship crew on
- IHM parts I, II and III
- Hazardous materials and where to find them
- Differences between IMO and EU legislation – and deadlines for compliance
- Classification Society procedures
- Port State Control requirements
- Ship Recycling Plans versus the IHM
- Practical support and fleet-wide planning for IHM compilation and ongoing maintenance
Ship Recycling Strategy
With new regulation on the horizon, and the past reputation that still haunts aspects of the ship recycling industry, how will your company respond?
What will your strategy be, how will you implement it, and how will it build on your reputation, and your environmental and safety performance…?
Marprof Environmental professionals have lead on this subject since 1999, and continue to advise IMO, EC, ISO and other stakeholders.
With over 40 years’ combined experience working in classification, we are uniquely placed to assist.
Contact us now to find out more.
Asbestos management onboard ships
Whether you’re a shipbuilder, a shipowner, a supplier to the maritime industry, or a recycling facility, control of asbestos continues to be one shipping’s biggest issues.
Marprof Environmental are world leaders in marine asbestos regulation, its management in accordance with IMO Maritime Safety Committee and SOLAS, and both past and future liability issues and can provide a wide range of support, including:
- Asbestos identification onboard ships
- Advice on control, or removal, of asbestos onboard ships
- Written reports and Asbestos Maintenance and Monitoring Plans (in accordance with MSC/Circ.1045) in support of applications to Flag
- IHM compilation and training relating to asbestos
Ship Recycling Facility compliance
Does your yard meet IMO Hong Kong Convention or EU List requirements? As a shipowner, are you confident that your chosen facility is up to scratch?
With 2 decades of experience at legislative bodies, in the field at recycling facilities, and working for inspection bodies, Marprof Environmental can help explain international, regional and national requirements, ensuring compliance and enabling you to confidently bid to your market:
- Ship Recycling Facility Plan design and review
- Ship Recycling Plan support and assessments
- Expert training on issues relating to IMO, EU, competent authorities, and certifications
- Health and safety advice and training, against recognised standards
Advice for governments and flags
Implementation of the Hong Kong Convention and the EU Ship Recycling Regulation, and associated guidelines and guidance documents, is not only in its infancy; it is also little understood in theory and in practice.
Contact Marprof Environmental to find out how our in-depth knowledge of the legislation – and associated requirements for Port State Control Officers – can ensure you meet your requirements.
Bespoke training and workshops
From 2 hours to 2 days, from shipbuilding to final dismantling and recycling, we offer a range of training packages that can be tailored to you and your company’s needs. With interactive learning, end of course assessments, and personal development certificates of attendance, we can help ensure that all stakeholders fully understand what’s expected of them – and understand how to put that learning into practice.