ISO today published their press release about the new ISO/PAS 21195 about Man Overboard Detection. This has been developed by ISO TC8 SC1 WG1 and is principally aimed at Cruise ships. See the full release here; https://www.iso.org/news/ref2264.html . Personally i am really excited by the safety advances of this, and also the new passenger localisation standard under consideration. A big personal thanks to the people at CLIA, USCG, ANSI, Viking, Lloyd’s Register and of course ISO – you know who you are.
- ISO 30 000 for ship recycling facilities: Good or bad?
- The recycling of Rainbow Warrior II – no winners here
- Ship Recycling in Gadani – back to business or back to problems?
- Talcum powder, asbestos, and 4.7 billion dollars
- The Asbestos Omertà: If you break the vow but no one listens have you really broken it?